to North Columbus Sports
In case of inclement weather, check the field status with our RAIN Line at 266-8503.
Updates for weekday games will be posted around 5:15pm and weekends starting at 8:00am.
2015 Registration is Closed. Please contact the appropriate league commissioner for any inquiries.
You can get a $50 Discount off your 2015 player fee(s) by recruiting a company
to do one of the following sponsorships
1. Become a Team Sponsor for $250 and the company's name will appear on every players jersey to be seen for the entire season and beyond.
2. Become a Banner Sponsor for $225 with a full color 3'x7' banner to be viewed throughout the 2015 season at the fields.
All you have to do is fill out the Sponsor Form and indicate which child it is sponsoring and you will receive a $50 discount on your fee(s).
Only one sponsor per team.
NCS has developed a way with the help from Roosters to let your sons or daughters play for free this upcoming 2015 season.
After you pay your player fee(s) all you need to do is follow the 3 easy steps below.
1. Let us know you would like to recoup your fees with the
Roosters 10% Off Fun Card Option
by emailing email@example.com
with your childs league and your address
2. We will send you the equivalent number of Roosters Fun Cards
to be sold for $10 each to cover your kids player fee(s)
3. You KEEP every dollar you raise from the Fun Cards
and you've recouped your fee(s)
Not only do you have your kids play for free but you also have a 10% OFF Roosters Fun Card that can be used any time you visit any Roosters locations for the rest of 2015.
The North Columbus Sports Summer Baseball/Softball Program is administered by a board of trustees who determine and regulate the needs for the various leagues and their activities.
Parents are invited to attend monthly meetings held throughout the year and are encouraged to support North Columbus Sports (NCS).
Below is the current team formation policies developed by the league commissioners.
NCS Program Regulations state, "each registered player will be assigned to a team by the leagues commissioner, using the following criteria:
TALENT PARITY (e.g., pitching, catching)
This team formation protocol is intended to clarify these criteria and process followed by the league commissioners.
In each league, the players assigned to a team as follows:
1. Sons/Daughters of the Head Coach
2. No more than two (2) Assistant Coaches sons/ daughters
3. Returning players in the same league from the previous season, unless they request to be reassigned to a new team. Players "moving up" between leagues should not expect to be assigned to a team with the previous seasons teammates.
4. Siblings in the same league will automatically be placed on the same team unless otherwise requested.
After the first phase above, players will be placed on teams in an effort to achieve competitive balance among the teams in each league according to the following guidelines:
1. PLAYER EVALUATION
Using the pre-season player evaluations obtained by the commissioner on "Player Evaluation Day", the players are assigned to teams in an effort to balance perceived skill levels such as pitching, fielding, hitting etc.
2. AGE BALANCE
An approximately equal number of older and younger players should be assigned to each team.
3. SCHOOL BALANCE
No more than a few players from a particular school will be assigned to a team.
4. SPECIAL REQUESTS
Absent extraordinary circumstances (e.g. Medical necessity), any special player assignment requests will br granted only at the discretion of the league commissioner, and in the manner so as to maintain competitive balance.
Thank you for your understanding and we look forward to a wonderful season.
Important Information about Youth Sports and Concussions!
The State of Ohio now requires all coaches to be trained in concussion awareness and rules related to protecting youth in sports. All HBA Prospective coaches MUST take the online course. Follow one of the the links below:
This One will Keep Your Certificate on File as well: